Cigna Telehealth Connection is available to you if you are enrolled in one of the AXA XL medical plan options. Cigna provides access to two telehealth services as part of your medical plan: AmWell and MDLIVE. Note: You must be enrolled in an AXA XL medical plan to take advantage of these resources.
In addition to telehealth for non-emergency physical health needs, you can also use it for behavioral health services. Scroll down the page for more information.
MDLIVE and AmWell
Health needs don’t keep office hours. With MDLIVE and AmWell you have access to board-certified physicians 24/7 through video conference, telephone, or secure email. They are lower cost alternatives to the emergency room or urgent care facility for non-emergency medical issues.
These services help you:
- Decide between the ER or urgent care center for a non-emergency medical issue
- Gain access to medical care when your primary care physician is not available
- Get answers to questions about non-emergency medical issues
- Fill a prescription or get a refill when you cannot reach your regular doctor
- Receive non-emergency medical attention when traveling
- When you need a doctor at night, on weekends, or on holidays
Televisits with AmWell and MDLIVE can be a cost-effective alternative to a convenience care clinic or urgent care center, and cost less than going to the emergency room. And the cost of a phone or online visit is usually the same or less than the cost of an office visit to your doctor. Remember, your telehealth services are only available for minor, non-life threatening medical conditions. In an emergency, dial 911 or go to the nearest hospital.
AmWell and MDLIVE are only available for medical visits. For covered services related to mental health and substance abuse, you have access to the Cigna Behavioral Health network of providers. Telehealth visits with Cigna Behavioral Health network providers cost the same as an in-office visit.
Visit the MDLIVE and AmWell websites, accessible via Contacts, for more information.
When to Use Telehealth
It’s 2 am and your baby is crying. He has an ear infection and the doctor isn’t in. Or, you’re traveling for work and come down with a stomach bug. Whatever your common ailment may be, call MDLIVE or AmWell when you need care most. It’s cost-effective, convenient and there when you need it. Read this to know where and when to go for care.
Behavioral Virtual Care Visits
Telehealth services can help with more than everyday medical issues. Your telemedicine benefit, through Cigna Behavioral Health and MDLIVE, includes convenient, affordable access to licensed psychiatrists, psychologists, clinical social workers, counselors, and therapists who can help you navigate a wide range of personal issues including anxiety, addiction, depression, family difficulties, and more.
With behavioral health virtual care, you get the care and attention you’d expect from an in-office visit, and you can:
- Talk privately with a licensed counselor or psychiatrist via video or phone
- Have a prescription sent directly to your local pharmacy
- Pay the same out-of-pocket cost as an in-office behavioral health visit
Get the support you need today!You can receive access to virtual counseling through MDLIVE or Cigna’s network of behavioral health providers.
- To schedule an appointment through MDLIVE, go to myCigna.com or call 888-726-3171.
- To find a Cigna Behavioral Health network provider, visit myCigna.com, go to “Find Care & Costs” and enter “Virtual counselor” under Doctor by Type. Or, call the number on your Cigna ID card.